Q & A
Sr. VP – A&R
What did you study in college? Where?
College?! No College. What can they teach you after you’ve graduated from Andrews High School?
Size of your family (siblings, spouse/kids)?
1 Wife of 40 years Dianne. (Dianne is our office manger – being married to the office manger has its perks)
2 kids, Kelsey (Married to Jordan) and John Austin.
1 Grandchild – Avery. (my grandkid pics will crush your kid pics, don’t even try)
1 Sister Cathy still living in Andrews.
What are your 3 favorite things to watch on Netflix?
- House Of Cards
- The Crown
- Stranger Things
What was the last movie that moved you/made you laugh out loud/inspired you?
La La Land inspired me. Elf and Napoleon Dynamite make me laugh out loud. every. single. time.
What are your favorite podcasts?
Switched On Pop
Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast
The Art Of Manliness
Mac Power Users
Which character from The Office or Parks & Recreation do you most identify with?
Jim (because he was married to the office manager)
What are your favorite books? (can’t include bible)
Can’t name a favorite, but ones that come to mind…
- In The Beginning – Alister McGrath
- The Sin Of Certainty – Peter Enns
- All Over But The Shoutin’ – Rick Bragg
- So You Want To Be A Rock and Roll Star – Jacob Slichter
- Founding Brothers – Joseph J. Ellis
- Walking On Water – Madeleine L’Engle
- The Prophet – Kahlil Gibran
- Cold Sassy Tree – Olive Ann Burns
Favorite place to have a meeting in Nashville (or surrounding areas ie. Franklin)?
The Coffee House (I like it because the name is so clever)
How Many States have you been to?
Is Puerto Rico a state? If so, then not there and not Hawaii. All the rest.
Favorite road trip you’ve taken?
Any road in Texas, but especially one that runs you through the hill country. Beyond that, just about any of the many many trips taken to visit radio stations with my friend and brother Steve Ford – discussing Mexican food, life, kids, and why that last station couldn’t hear that every song we played them was a gigantic hit. Dummies.
Person you got nervous meeting and why?
Andy Stanley. Uh… Andy. Stanley.
Two fun facts about you:
- In my adolescence, I had several exorcisms performed on me. Oh, not fun? Sad? OK, never mind.
- Centricity started out of my house – where Dianne is the office manager.